Reduce Your Stress Levels with A Brain Sensing Headband.
Table of Contents
While a Heart Rate Monitor measure your heart rate, and an oximeter measure your O2 saturation can the Muse Brain Sensing Headband sense your brain activity. This interesting product is developed by a company called InteraXon in Toronto by people who are both neuro-scientists and fashion designers. It feels like the future and reminds me of gadgets from science fiction movies, but it is an actual product with proven technology.
The developers think that having a healthy brain is equally important as having a healthy body, and I guess they are right. Your will have more success with your workouts and training when your mind is in balance. If you struggle with anxiety, this tool can help you overcome those problems too. It all comes down to be able to control how you think and be able to focus on the correct thoughts.
|MUSE 2: The Brain Sensing Headband - Meditation Tracker Multi Sensor Headset Device - Responsive Sound Feedback for Brain Wave, Heart, Body & Breath Activity||$241.13|
|Muse: The Brain Sensing Headband, Black||$499.20|
In the segment of stress reduction products, I find this futuristic gadget to be a really cool looking device with a sleek design. So what exactly does it do and how can it help you reducing stress or anxiety?
How Does A Brain Sensing Headband Work?
When you sleep, think, relax or are stressed there are lots of activities going on in your brain as electrical impulses. All these impulses can be detected on the outside of your brain with the right tools. When you put on the Muse Brain Sensing Headband as a pair of glasses, several EEG sensors are in contact with your head – five on your forehead and two behind your ears.
These sensitive voltmeters pick up the electrical brain impulses and can determine if you are focused on one task or if your mind wanders and are unable to concentrate. The data collected by the headband is transferred via Bluetooth in real-time to your smartphone or tablet.
With the help of an app called Calm, you will get guidance on how to focus better and de-stress. The first time you use the Muse Brain Sensing Headband, you have to go through a calibration phase. Then you will go through the initial test and see on a graph how relaxed or active your mind are. When you have wandering thoughts, they are heard as the wind blowing, and when you are calm the wind stills. The screen on your smartphone or tablet also gives you visual feedback in the form of either a calm day or lots of clouds.
Eventually, when you learn more and are able to focus new levels are opened in the software assisting you further in your focused attention training.
It can take some time to master the functionality, but the instructions that follow in the package and the app itself are easy to understand.
Happiness through Relaxation
When you train your brain with the Muse Brain Sensing Headband and be able to control your thoughts, it is claimed that you will be happier, increase your memory and be able to learn faster. It’s a good feeling to understand how to reduce stress, and people claim it’s almost addictive. Just by using it 3 minutes a day, you will see progress.
If you are into meditation this tool can help you improving your meditation techniques with real feedback on how your mind wanders which can be difficult to notice sometimes.
As mentioned earlier this product is perfect for people with different kinds of anxieties because they with brain training will master how to focus on other things.
Software developers use the open SDK that takes advantage of this gadget and its brain sensing technology and make you drive RC cars or control games just by thinking. Eventually, you will be able to control all sorts of things in your daily life like televisions and computers or maybe even drive your car.
- Cool technology with voltmeter sensors that track your brain impulses
- Real-time Audio or Visual feedback
- Guided training with the free Calm app
- Use Bluetooth technology
- Portable and light
What’s in the box?
- Muse The Brain Sensing Headband
- Quick Start Guide
- USB charger
|Pros +||Cons –|
Where Can I Buy Muse The Brain Sensing Headband?
The easiest place to buy is Amazon. Remember to check out the second version of the product as well.
- MUSE IS YOUR PERSONAL MEDITATION ASSISTANT: Stop guessing if you’re doing it right. Muse 2 makes meditation easy by giving you real-time feedback on your mind & body to help you recognize calm and stay in the zone.
- FIND CALM & STAY FOCUSED: Research has shown that meditation with Muse helps relieve stress, improve relaxation, and mental performance.
- SOUNDSCAPE MEDITATION EXPERIENCES: Immersive soundscapes respond in real-time to your brain activity, heart rate, body movements & breathing, cueing you to find mind-body connection. This feedback guides your wandering mind to a focused and calm state.
- EASY TO USE: Custom fit your headband and Bluetooth pair to your device, connect your favorite headphones or earbuds (not included), open the free Muse app, start your meditation and close your eyes.
- TRACK & MEASURE YOUR PROGRESS: After every meditation session, review your data to see how you responded from moment to moment. Set goals, participate in challenges and earn points for your achievements to build a rewarding meditation practice.
- TRAVEL SAFE: Muse 2 fits perfectly in the Official Muse 2: The Brain Sensing Headband Case (sold separately). Great for storage or travel, the hard case protects your Muse 2 from everyday bumps and scratches. Divider sleeve stores accessories and cords.
- COMPATIBLE WITH iOS & ANDROID: Download the free Muse app to explore a variety of meditation experiences and learn from your post-session reports (Compatible with iOS 11 and higher and Android 5 and higher – NOTE: Huawei devices are NOT supported)
- AVAILABLE EXPERIENCES: Mind, Heart, Body & Breath meditation experiences included in Muse app with Muse 2 purchase. Newest headband Muse S also offers Sleep Tracking & Journeys. Our Premium Guided Meditation Subscription offers teacher-led meditations.
- INCLUDED IN BOX: Muse 2: Brain Sensing Headband, Quick Start Guide, USB Recharge Cable (Earbuds or headphones NOT Included)
- MEDITATION MADE EASY: Muse is your personal meditation assistant by providing EEG based real-time neuro feedback, allowing you to take the guesswork out of your meditation practice
- MUSE WILL GUIDE YOU TO A CALM MIND: Sometimes your mind is calm and sometimes it's active - Muse will teach you to recognize a calm mind and help you get there
- IMMERSE YOURSELF: Put on the Muse headband, plug in your earbuds or headphones, start the app, and close your eyes. Immerse yourself within the sounds of a beach or rainforest via the Muse App on iOS or Android
- REAL-TIME TRACKING & FEEDBACK: While you meditate, Muse measures whether your mind is calm or active, and translates that data into weathers sounds
- REVIEW DATA AFTER EACH SESSION: After each session, review your data, set goals, and build a deeply rewarding meditation practice that gets better every time
- TRAVEL SAFE: Muse fits perfectly in the Official Muse: The Brain Sensing Headband Case (both versions)
- COMPATIBILITY: Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connection works with Apple and Android devices; using Apple iOS 11.0 or Android 5 Operating Systems or higher
- USER INFO & GUIDES: Kindly refer to the User Manual, FAQs, and Tech Specs for additional information and product details
- INCLUDED IN BOX: Muse: Brain Sensing Headband, Quick Start Guide, USB Recharge Cable (Ear buds NOT Included)
- LIMITED 1 YEAR WARRANTY: Manufacturer warranty valid only if product is Shipped & Sold by Amazon – no other retailer is authorized by manufacturer to sell through Amazon
More Info or Questions
If you want opinions from other users, check out the reviews on the Brain Sensing gadget here.
Do you have any questions or comments on my Muse Bluetooth EEG Headset, do not hesitate to send me an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a comment below.